With 2014 winding down we’re scrambling to fit as many guests into The Armory Podcast schedule before the new year. To that end, here’s another bonus episode of the podcast from Perth’s dynamic duo, For The Win (FTW), aka JS and Bezwun. Press Play. Get down.
Known as two of Perth’s favorite independent artists, JS and Bezwun have joined forces to create FTW. Coming from two separate places on the music spectrum, they have channeled their own influences to create a vibrant duo based on high energy performances and party banging production.
JS was shot into the scene as one half of the successful Pearly Whites, playing all over Perth and part of the festival circuit, he helped innovate the party mashing and mixing as we know it today. Supporting all genres from Dubstep to Baltimore, Electro to Breaks and everything in between. He later ventured out solo and began to create a name for himself, earning residencies at Perth’s top clubs and banging out tunes on a weekly basis. A recent dedication to production has seen this kid develop the skills that will soon make him a weapon on the music market.
Always involving himself in music, Bezwun began to gain interest in djing and production. Releasing his first tracks on Miles Dyson’s label in 2010 as his duo Beatsmack, he has not looked back since. Not limiting himself to just heavy, he pushed his solo brand creating a fusion of ghettofunk and electro and has contributed a handful of bootlegs and originals to the community. Residing at Ambar night club as part of the Boomtick DJ roster, he is always bringing a turntablist vibe to his performances, from scratching to cutting, he is always getting the party started.
The combination of these two has formed a brand that embraces booty breaks and jacking party vibes. Influences including Stanton Warriors, Deekline and Keith Mackenzie, these boys a creating a sound that’s unrivaled in Perth. Tight drums, big 808 bass hits and catchy vocals are the recipe that these guys are cooking with, and the result, a large three course dose of booty shaking tracks that hit the crowd for six.
With a growing collection of bootlegs and originals, these boys are ones to watch out for. As each track is created, the FTW sound is slowly being cemented into a unique, irresistible strength that becomes nearly impossible not to move to. With high energy performances, these guys have earned support slots for internationals, pre-heating the decks to fuel huge nights and create memories that are shared with Perth’s dance community.
1. Chris Lake, Steve Aoki, Tujamo – Delirious feat. Kid Ink (Chris Lorenzo Remix)
2. Deafmind, Casey Vann – Jump Out Money
3. Deekline – My Love
4. Merlyn – Jock The Bells (SP 1200 Version)
5. Duck Sauce – NRG (Stanton Warriors Re-Sauce)
6. Dismantle – Escape
7. Atix – Beat Rush
8. Wes Smith, BumpR StickR – Ohhhh Yeahhh Feat. Shana Rockit (DJ Fixx Remix)
9. Dyro – Against All Odds feat. Dynamite MC (Bez Edit)
10. Cheeky peepers – Deekline remix
11. Zup zup – DJ Icey
12. Stanton Warriors – Jerk that
13. DrumAttic twins – Get up and Dance
14. Dj Fixx – Drop the bomb
15. Whiskey Pete, Box Heavy – Snatch a Hoe
16. Juice squad – Bomb diggy diggy
17. Agent k – Gucci kicks
18. Rye Rye – Wassup Wassup
19. Freak nasty – Da Dip (Wuki Remix)
20. I got 5 on it – Culture Prophet
21. Major Laser – Aerosol Can (Broadway Remix)
22. Blacklist, MC Flave – Make Them (feat. MC Flave) (Ghost Lab Remix)
23. Midas, Deekline, SIMM, Jason Laidback – Take Me Away (Mike Delinquent Project Remix)
24. Si Dog, Bradley Drop – Gunna Be Mine
26. Stonewash – Pumpin
27. Raj Marathe – Lifted
28. Electric Soulside – Venusia (Anarchy Rice Remix)
29. Hate N Beanz – Watchu Got (Wes Smith’s Califunkya Remix)
30. FTW – Bootyrox
31. Deekline Wizard – Bounce and Rebound
32. Beat myself Up – Plump DJs
33. Neon Steve – Up All Night
34. Major lazer – Bubble Butt (Cosenza Remix)
35. Iggy Azaelia – Fancy (FTW Remix)
36. Beatslappaz – Let’s go (FTW Remix)
37. Wuki – same damn sound (FTW Remix)
38. Black and Blunt – Beats Y’all (FTW Remix)
For more information on FTW, visit
Artwork by www.jempanufnik.com