Lady Waks celebrated her birthday in style this year with an all out Breaks party called “B-Day Boom”. Great to hear her put up a new mix on Soundcloud (it’s been a while). This peak time party set tore the roof off with the very talented stylings of Lady Waks and her ability to rock the dance floor.
Bringing us back into Breaks & Bass, San Franciscan based DJ Zach Moore provides us with the backdrop of new music for his newest episode of the Armory Podcast. Now up to episode 201 Zach continues to provide us with some of the best breaks mixes around, great to see the Armory Podcast still going.
This one is also available as a FREE download !
1. One/Two feat. Dread MC – Left/Right, Bodyblow
2. Beach Coma (BETA Remix) – Retroid, Dan K
3. That Fire (Aylen Remix) – Riffa
4. The Beat (Original Mix) – Christian Martin, Lenny Kiser
5. Bring Me Down 2014 feat. Zac Toms (Original Mix) – Stanton Warriors
6. Make a Beat feat. Jose Rodriguez (Original Mix) – Yo Speed
7. Hail Mary (Original Mix) – Justin Martin, Ardalan
8. Kick Masta (Original Mix) – Aylen
9. Jarina – Bombo Rosa
10. Rock Steady (DJ Icey Remix) – Diplo
11. Ash Potatoes (Aylen Remix) – Two Tails
12. Bogan Philosophy (Left/Right Remix) – Electrocado
Bringing Steel City breaks straight to your ears, Kickflip is now established as one of breakbeat’s most respected producer/DJs. Having played gigs both up and down the country and overseas, Bob’s sets and music has inspired people all across the globe.
Kickflip’s productions encompass a wide range of styles, taking in influences from funk, drum and bass, house, hip hop and old skool hardcore. Each track is polished to work as well at home as it does on the dance floor, with low down dirty grooves, intricate attention to detail and abnormal noises to distort your mind. Past releases have received support from Meat Katie, Chris Carter, The Drumattic Twins, General MIDI, Jay Cunning, Madox, Groove Diggerz, Vandal, Tayo, The Stanton Warriors and Annie Nightingale via her show on BBC Radio 1.
1. Justin Faze – What’s Right? (Refaze Remix) [Zerox Beatbox]
2. Sketi – This Is The New Sound [En:vision]
3. Super Deejay Bobzilla – IUDDD (Kickflip Remix) [Mutate]
4. HardNoise – Television (Factor Funk Remix) [Distortion Records]
5. Quadrat Beat – Under Control (Kiwa remix) [High Grade]
6. Manu Twister – Puro Bastardo (Skor Motion Remix) (Kickflip Edit) [Spektra]
7. Monofunknik – Voltana [Acidphonic]
8. The Gulf Gate Project – Beezy (Electric Soulside Remix) [Toast & Jam Recordings]
9. Sketi – Hyperstate [En:vision]
10. Andrey Mute & Jellyfish – Trouble In The Attic [Broken Robot]
11. Freestylers – The Slammer (Affinity Remix) [Against The Grain]
Australia’s answer to the Plump DJs, Kid Kenobi has been in the EDM and Breaks scene for quite some time now with extensive knowledge as a professional DJ and music producer. Kicking off his career behind the decks in 1996 Kid Kenobi has steadily risen among the ranks to be where he is now. In 2001 & 2002 he took home Australian DJ of the Year complimenting this with various residencies and guest spots around Australia in the following years.
He has had various side projects going on such as Klassic Kenobi, The Too Fresh and Original Rude Boy and also worked on various remix projects with other producers too. He also runs his own record label called Klub Kids. You can still catch Kid Kenobi around various venues today.
This mix was recorded LIVE by Triple J Radio Australia at the Winter Break Festival in Sydney, 2004.